Attack on aid convoy in South Sudan kills two, wounds three - IOM
JUBA, March 16 (Reuters) - Gunmen in famine-hit South Sudan killed two people and wounded three when they attacked a humanitarian convoy in the centre of the country, the International Organization for Migration (IOM) said in a statement on Thursday.
"While a convoy was returning to Yirol from a field mission on 14 March, one of the vehicles was ambushed by unknown armed gunmen. Tragically, two people died of gunshot wounds. Among the injured was an IOM health officer who sustained a gunshot wound but is currently in a stable condition," the statement said.
Yirol, where the aid workers had been treating a cholera outbreak, is about 210 km northwest of the capital of Juba. (Reporting by Denis Dumo; Writing by Katharine Houreld; Editing by Alison Williams)
© Thomson Reuters 2017 All rights reserved