Glencore denies employing child-labour in Congo
* BBC Panorama says under-18s work at Glencore mine in DRC
* CEO says workers are there without its authorisation
* Documentary also says firm responsible for environmental damage
* Company says has put in place facility to stop legacy acid problem
By Sarah Young
LONDON, April 16 (Reuters) - Commodities trader Glencore has denied it employs under-18s working at a copper mine in the Democratic Republic of Congo, saying any mining at the mothballed site is without its authority.
The BBC's Panorama current affairs show, due to be broadcast on Monday, said it had footage of youngsters under the age of 18 working at a mine where Glencore owns a licence to operate.
The company, which floated last year after four decades of closely guarded privacy, said it had stopped work at the mine in 2008.
Glencore's chief executive Ivan Glasenberg said in comments released by the BBC and due to be screened on the programme that the child miners were working "against all of our authorisation". Continued...