FACTBOX-Western military assault on Libya's Gaddafi
BRUSSELS, March 22 (Reuters) - Below is a synopsis of military action in Libya so far, beginning with latest developments. New items marked with a *
TUESDAY, MARCH 22
* -- U.S. Air Force F-15E fighter jet crashed in Libya overnight after apparent mechanical failure but its crew were safe, a spokesman for the U.S. military Africa Command says.
* -- NATO meets again to try to resolve a fractious debate on who should command the military campaign in Libya once the United States steps back from leading the operation.
* -- Forces loyal to Muammar Gaddafi attack two Libyan towns after a third night of air raids on Tripoli. Western campaign faces questions over the future of its command structure.
MONDAY, MARCH 21
* -- Anti-aircraft fire and explosions reverberate across Tripoli for a third night and state television said several sites had come under attack.
* -- Commander of U.S. forces General Carter Ham says attacks on Libya likely to slow in the coming days. Continued...