1 Min Read
NEW YORK, March 20 (Reuters) - Two correspondents covering the fighting in Libya for Agence France-Presse and a photographer from Getty Images who was traveling with them have gone missing, the news agency said on Sunday.
AFP said it has not heard from correspondents Dave Clark and Roberto Schmidt and Getty Images photographer Joe Raedle since Friday night.
Clark and Schmidt e-mailed senior editors then to say that they planned to travel about 19 miles (30 km) outside of the city of Tobruk on Saturday to meet opponents of Libyan leader Muammar Gaddafi and to speak to refugees from the fighting, AFP said. They have not been heard from since sending the e-mail, AFP said.
Four New York Times journalists were captured by Libyan forces last week while covering the conflict in the east of the country and the newspaper has said they will be released.
Reporting by Maria Aspan; Editing by Will Dunham