Ronaldinho future up to Milan, says agent

Fri Aug 6, 2010 9:09am GMT
 

MILAN (Reuters) - AC Milan have the final say on Ronaldinho's future amid renewed reports of interest from Los Angeles Galaxy, his agent and brother has said.

Milan owner Silvio Berlusconi has been adamant that Ronaldinho, 30, will not only see out the last year of his contract this coming season but also stay at the club for the rest of his career.

However, problems with the Brazilian's fitness after the close-season break have reignited speculation of a late transfer window move for the waning talent.

"I hear lots of things but no one has said anything to me. Now Milan will let us know," brother Roberto de Assis told Friday's Gazzetta dello Sport.

Media reports have said Milan will try to recruit fellow Brazilian Robinho, on loan at Santos from Manchester City, if former world player of the year Ronaldinho departs.

Milan defender Thiago Silva is still being linked to Real Madrid in the media despite the Rossoneri saying they had rejected the Spanish club's advances and would not be selling.

<p>AC Milan's Ronaldinho waves to the crowd following his team's win over Canada's Montreal Impact in Montreal, Quebec, June 2, 2010. REUTERS/Christinne Muschi</p>
 
Powered by Reuters AlertNet. AlertNet provides news, images and insight from the world's disasters and conflicts and is brought to you by Reuters Foundation.