LONDON, March 5 (Reuters) -
* Azerbaijan’s state-owned energy company SOCAR has begun exporting middle distillate and fuel oil cargoes from its STAR oil refinery in Turkey, according to traders and shipping data
* Oil analytics firm Vortexa said the refinery had exported three medium-range middle distillate tankers since mid-Feb. Two tankers delivered a cargo each of jet fuel and diesel to Greece.
* A third departed on 27 Feb, also with a middle distillate cargo, and has been offshore Malta since March 3 after being chartered by Socar for delivery into the Med, Vortexa said.
* Traders said the refinery has also exported several tankers of straight run fuel oil since late January.
* The 200,000-barrel-per-day plant has reached half of its planned processing capacity and is expected to reach full capacity in April, sources told Reuters (Reporting by Ahmad Ghaddar and Ron Bousso. Editing by Jane Merriman)