May 15, 2011 / 12:17 PM / 7 years ago

Spain's Vandellos II reactor halted - regulator

MADRID, May 15 (Reuters) - Spain’s 1,000-megawatt Vandellos II nuclear power station has undergone an unscheduled halt after a problem with a valve, the nuclear regulator said on Sunday.

The plant was reconnected to the grid on Friday after a previous unprogrammed halt.

Enel-owned Endesa (ELE.MC)(ENEI.MI) owns 72 percent of the plant near the northeastern port Tarragona, while Spain’s biggest power utility Iberdrola (IBE.MC) owns the remaining 28 percent. (Reporting by Sonya Dowsett; Editing by David Holmes)

    0 : 0
    • narrow-browser-and-phone
    • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
    • landscape-tablet
    • medium-wide-browser
    • wide-browser-and-larger
    • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
    • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
    • above-phone
    • portrait-tablet-and-above
    • above-portrait-tablet
    • landscape-tablet-and-above
    • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
    • portrait-tablet-and-below
    • landscape-tablet-and-below