September 21, 2014 / 3:58 PM / 4 years ago

Sierra Leone's Ebola lockdown likely to be extended

FREETOWN, Sept 21 (Reuters) - A three-day lockdown in Sierra Leone aimed at stemming the worst Ebola epidemic on record has identified at least 56 new infections, but has not reached everyone in the country and is likely to be extended, a senior official said on Sunday.

Stephen Gaojia, head of the Emergency Operations Centre which leads the Ebola response, also said 92 bodies had been recovered across the country by the end of Saturday, the second day of the emergency measure. (Reporting by Umaru Fofana; Writing by Joe Bavier; Editing by Kevin Liffey)

0 : 0
  • narrow-browser-and-phone
  • medium-browser-and-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser
  • wide-browser-and-larger
  • medium-browser-and-landscape-tablet
  • medium-wide-browser-and-larger
  • above-phone
  • portrait-tablet-and-above
  • above-portrait-tablet
  • landscape-tablet-and-above
  • landscape-tablet-and-medium-wide-browser
  • portrait-tablet-and-below
  • landscape-tablet-and-below